Managing a housing society as per Maharashtra Co-Op Bye Laws can be a complex and challenging task. As per the Maharashtra Co-Op Bye-Laws, there are several rules and regulations that housing societies need to adhere to. In this blog, we will discuss some essential tips for managing a housing society in accordance with these bye-laws.
- Formation of Managing Committee: The first step in managing a housing society is to form a managing committee as per the bye-laws. The committee members should be elected by the members of the society, and the committee should consist of a chairperson, secretary, and treasurer.
- Maintenance of Society Accounts: The managing committee should maintain proper accounts of the society’s finances. This includes maintaining a record of all the income and expenses, and preparing an annual budget for the society. SocietyRun can assist housing society to manage all above as per requriement of Maharashtra Co-operative bye laws. (Read More)
- Conduct of General Body Meetings: The society should conduct general body meetings as per the bye-laws. These meetings should be held at least once a year and should be attended by all members of the society. The agenda for the meeting should be prepared in advance and circulated to all members. SocietyRun has agenda & mintues writing options which gives output format stated by bye laws along with one click email to all members. (Read More)
- Collection of Society Dues: The managing committee should ensure that all members of the society pay their dues on time. This includes maintenance charges, parking charges, and any other charges as per the bye-laws.
- Maintenance of Society Records: The society should maintain proper records of all its activities. This includes maintaining a register of members, minutes of general body meetings, and maintenance records.
- Hiring of Service Providers: The society may need to hire service providers for various activities such as maintenance, security, and housekeeping. The managing committee should ensure that these service providers are hired as per the bye-laws and that their charges are reasonable.
In conclusion, managing a housing society in accordance with the Maharashtra Co-Op Bye-Laws requires careful planning and execution. By following these essential tips, the managing committee can ensure that the society runs smoothly and efficiently.
SocietyRun is India’s best housing society accounting software, benefiting thousands of housing societies, developers, society facility managers, and millions of homeowners in every Indian city.
Disclaimer: Thank you for visiting our site. The information provided by SocietyRun (“we,” “us” or “our”) on https://societyrun.com (the “Site”) is for general informational purposes only. We strive to provide our readers with accurate information that helps learn more about the topics. It is not intended as a substitute for professional advice. We do not accept responsibility for the accuracy of information sourced from an external entity or take personal/ legal responsibility for your use of this information.
Leave a Comment